Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Greetings!

The good folks at Too Conservative have graciously invited me to join their blog as a regular contributor. For those of you who have read my comments on this and other blogs, you are well aware that I always have an opinion and am rarely shy about sharing it. Thus, how could I resist? I am a Prince William County Republican, and I hope to offer some insight from my small (but rapidly growing) corner of the world. As a matter of disclosure (no, I'm not revealing my name), I consider myself to be a "moderate" or "pragmatic" Republican, though there are certainly those who will feel to label me as a RINO. Fair enough. Expect my posts and comments to reflect those views, though I'll try my best to respect the opinions of those who disagree. As MR JMS noted in a previous post, we're a different breed in Northern Virginia. Sometimes the harsh realities of living on the doorstep of the most powerful city in the world force us to look at things through a different lens than our brothers downstate. Doesn't make us any more or less Republican. But we do face complex issues that require practical solutions rooted in, but not limited to, conservative values. So, here goes nothing. Let the games begin!

4 Comments:

At 6/15/2005 11:19:00 PM, Blogger criticallythinking said...

Maybe I'm really dense, but your post is signed Mitch Cumstein? Is that not your real name (I hadn't thought of psuedonyms looking like real names).

Did you instead decide to reveal your name, despite your statement "no, I'm not revealing my name"?

Or did you just forget to turn off your signature?

I've been following virginia blogs for a little while now, but not enough yet to know who all the people are.

Charles R.

 
At 6/16/2005 05:37:00 AM, Blogger Mitch Cumstein said...

No, Mitch Cumstein is not my real name. Mitch Cumstein is actually an obscure character from the movie Caddyshack. He is the college roommate of Chevy Chase's character. He's only mentioned once, but I've gotten a kick out of the name and love the movie.

 
At 6/17/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger criticallythinking said...

OK, Thanks.

I sometimes post anonymously because I'm on a different computer and can't remember my login. But I like signing my name. Of course I'm not signing my full name, but I don't think anybody who's interested will have any trouble. I'm just cutting down on the trivial google name search hits.....

However, the idea of using a consistent psuedonym is good, because while you aren't tied to anything in the real world, your statements can still be measured against prior posts.

I'd say welcome aboard, but frankly you've already been here posting, just not in the first chair, so it's more of a "congratulations on the promotion".

I did see Caddyshack, I'm sure many times, but certainly missed the reference.

 
At 6/18/2005 07:13:00 PM, Blogger Not Larry Sabato said...

Mitch, Congrats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home