Monday, June 27, 2005

Secret Informant

Today the Supreme Court refused to hear the CIA leak case. In this case two reporters have been asked to testify in the Grand Jury investigation over the White House leak of a CIA agents identity. In its refusal the Supreme Court upheld the precedent that reporters first amendment rights are secondary in matters of national interest. I have to agree with this position. There is no reason that reporters should be allowed to throw around the 1st Amendment in matters such as this. In my opinion those who leaked the information need to be found and they need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Whomever did this and whomever authorized the leak should be forced out of the administration as soon as possible.

1 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 06:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, none of this would be necessary if the President, within a few minutes after hearing about the leak, had assembled his senior staff (including the VP and his staff) and said, "Look, this is not the way this administration does the business of the people. Someone among you made a serious error. Whoever it is, I expect your resignation within the hour. This kind of bad judgment is bad for the presidency and for the country. If I do not have your resignation within the hour, I will speak with each of you privately to determine what you know. If I sense that anyone is being less than candid and truthful with me. I will have his or her resignation immediately." Then we would not have to mess with this more than a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home