Monday, June 06, 2005

What was the Senator Thinking?

So I am not one that generally gives much credibility to press releases in these primary races. Both sides seem to do whatever they can to beat each other up on a pretty regular basis, some of it is fair and some of it is a little slanted. I give credit to Sean Connaughton for taking the high road most of the time, but even he has slipped up a few times. Well, today I was browsing both campaigns websites and I came across this. What was the Senator thinking on this one? Here is a man that has never served his country. The fact is many a people worked hard to earn the rank they hold in the military and in many other official capacities. To give out a "rank" in your "brigade" that you have made up for donors while soldiers in Iraq and police officers in Virginia work their whole lives to putting their lives on the line to attain such a position is ridiculious. Perhaps many people won't be upset by this, but I find it sad. I hope Seantor Bolling apologizes to the man and women he has offended with this cute little game of his.

4 Comments:

At 6/06/2005 05:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been pretty revolted by how negative this campaign has become. I really wish the RPV had enough swat with these guys that they could blow a whistle on them. Bolling clearly went negative a long time ago when his people saw this unwinding. You're right that Connaughton held off for a long time, perhaps too long, but it's very clear that they made a decision that they couldn't play rope-a-dope forever. I noticed Connaughton's people beginning to hit back about two to three weeks ago. I really don't like it, but I don't know what the last man into the cess pool is supposed to do. Most consultants and commentators say that it is very perilous not to respond. But it sure puts me off. I don't even like to see stuff about this race now. Of course, that's part of the tactic of the real slime kings. Thye count on us getting sick to our stomachs as a way of driving down turnout. this is a race where higher turn-out helps connaughton. so I'm going to turn out and vote for him and I hope you all do and I hope you all ask all your friends to vote for him., but it smells to high heaven around this race and it is a sahme that it had to get this way.

 
At 6/06/2005 05:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent a lot of years and hard work, under some very trying conditions, earning rank. In the military, rank is earned not given. For this guy, they are given not earned. For him to be handing out ranks in an imaginary army when he never served a day in the military is insulting.

 
At 6/07/2005 08:36:00 AM, Anonymous Mitch Cumstein said...

I agree with Anonymous 5:51. Sean tried for a long time to keep this on a higher level. The problem is, after enduring Bolling's lies and negative tactics, we was forced to set the record straight. As I've stated many times before, my biggest reason for supporting Sean is that he is a true leader. He fights the fights that need fighting. In this case, he waited as long as he could.

I also agree that higher turnout helps Connaughton. Bolling's hardcore supporters will come up, even if it snows on the 14th. But I don't think many people fully grasp the inroads Sean has made in Tidewater, SWVA and out west. Just hang in there, guys. I think we're going to be very pleased on primary day.

 
At 6/07/2005 06:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting a little concerned that several Democrats are now saying in blogs and other forums that Dems should cross over and vote for Bolling in order to weaken the ticket. If this happens in large numbers it could upset the gains connaughton has made. It's important that everyone who wants a conservative victory in November vote for Sean and get everyone they can to vote. This Democrat cross-over thing is worrisome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home