Friday, July 22, 2005

Hero to the Masses: Tom Tancredo

Colorado's none-too-shy Congressman Tom Tancredo is, according to the Los Angeles Times, hinting at an Oval run in '08. This comes on the heels of Congressman Tancredo's most recent uproar, when he suggested reducing the American nuclear arsenal one at a time on Muslim Holy Sites. The Curtis LeMay answer to a question never falls into disfavor with me, but still, I'll prefer to back Virginia's favorite son, Senator George Allen in '08, thanks very much. But make no mistake, folks, Congressman Tancredo has a base of support across this nation. People that care about some issues (read: illegal immigration) know Tom Tancredo and like him. "I'll tell you who a great American is, that Tom Tancredo". The illegal immigration crowd are ardent, if nothing else, and Tancredo says on TV the things they say at the dinner table to their kids, hoping to realize the dream and build the Wall. Don't get me wrong, I'm as concerned about the seemingly endless tide of illegals coming to this country, filling the emergency ward and running drugs. But I've also seen the hardworkers who break their back for minimum wage, save it, and send it home. I'm unconvinced by the President's immigration plan, but building the Tancredo Wall won't fix the problem either. But until someone figures out something more sensible, it's Tom Tancredo, hero to the masses.

4 Comments:

At 7/23/2005 03:14:00 PM, Anonymous Sorrel said...

Wait a minute, here. Tandredo said publicly that he favored nuking the holy places of Islam if terrorists used WMD against the US. This comment will kill Americans. No ifs ands buts about it. It is stupid, reckless, unnecessary and life threatening. We're supposed to applaud this? If I ever needed a real-world example of a "fire in a crowded theater" utterance, this is it. I can understand radical leftist wanting to see numbskulls going out and getting Americans killed. but I sure don't see why Too Conservative would do anything but demand this man's immediate impeachment. This assinine statement is all over the Arab internet now. Whatever was he thinking? I suspect it was nothing more profound than "Whewee Bob! I sure bet I can get a lot of redneck votes if I spout off on this one." I'm not willing to die for that and I'll bet there are a lot of patriotic Americans in Iraq, Afghanistan, and around the Islamic world who are not willing to die for Mr. Tandredo's room temperature IQ. (If he's smarter than that, I apologize, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he breaks the 3-digit barrier, then he is more culpable, because he can understand how reckless his words are)The Congress should pass a unanimous resolution condemning these remarks.

 
At 7/24/2005 01:48:00 PM, Blogger too conservative said...

Tancredo is a great American , and a hero. He needs to be commended for trying to fix the immigration problem.

 
At 7/25/2005 07:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm as conservative as the next guy, but if anyone in the Government, right up to the president, had said something so stupid and so likely to cause death and injury to Americans around the world, I'd be on the barricades demanding his impeachment.

 
At 7/26/2005 06:43:00 PM, Blogger The Chief said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8703595/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home