Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Golden Connection

Vacations going good, on the Florida Panhandle, Bush Country. I recently received the Golden campaigns weekly update, and was surprised by some of the endorsements. It appears that two "tax-raisers", Tom Rust, and Sean Connaughton, have endorsed VCAP backed Michael Golden. From the Golden Newsletter: I am happy to announce that two more elected officials officially endorsed my campaign last week: I received the support of Delegate Tom Rust, who is considered a leader on transportation by his House colleagues and fights tirelessly to get our area its fair share of transportation funding. I also received the support of Sean Connaughton, Chairman of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors, who has successfully fought for reasonable restrictions on property taxes in his county. These endorsements demonstrate the diverse and unified support we are receiving from the Republican party and its leaders. We appreciate the support of Delegate Rust and Chairman Connaughton, and we look forward to building our team of elected supporters over the coming weeks. Obviously many people at Too Conservative are staunch supporters of Chairman Connaughton, and I personally am a big fan of Michael Golden. Even with the differences in the primary, its great that two factions of the NOVA Republican party can help each other for victory in November. Even though I don't believe Sean Connaughton doesnt have any of Golden's district, and obviously Rust doesnt,I applaud Golden for reaching across tax-lines, that many in NOVA still cannot do, and pulling together a good group of Republican supporters. Maybe some other candidates will do the same. Even though Connaughton did not win, his NOVA money connections still run deep, and I hope Golden will get to hold a fundraiser with him. I think Golden/Marsden's outcome is somewhat a mini state-wide Kilgore/Kaine, and I hope both candidates come out ontop.

3 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 11:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you guys been spammed in a novel way. :)

 
At 8/18/2005 01:50:00 AM, Blogger Not Larry Sabato said...

No, Rust doesn't overlap with Golden. Hence, being a Delegate.

 
At 8/19/2005 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave Marsden, on the other hand, does overlap with Golden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home