Thursday, September 15, 2005

If it is Thursday, then it is "Coffee Talk"!!!

Well, I'm all mashugenah over this story about the Tri-County Parkway. If I'm going to pick up mother at Dulles and bring her back to Eastern Prince William, it is a mess navigating either 66 or the Beltway depending upon which way I go. In fact, it takes so long, mother needs to stop and get some food along the way because she has low blood sugar. One time, we were stuck in traffic and mother said, "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's." Well, that really drove home the need to me for the Tri-County Parkway then and there. Thinking about poor mother starving for Arby's is making me all verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic.... Wetlands are neither wet nor are they lands. Discuss!!!
Seriously. Call wetlands what they are. They are swamps! Drain those suckers and kill the disease carrying skeeters that inhabit them to boot. Wildlife will thrive elsewhere. I'm not saying pave everything, but for goodness sake, don't let people like Stewart Schwartz and his "Coalition for No Growth and to Return Mankind to the Stone Age" prevail. (Special thanks to Marty for use of his Arby's line.)

4 Comments:

At 9/15/2005 03:46:00 PM, Blogger too conservative said...

This talk about Arbys is making me hungry.

Agreed on the wetlands.

In huge favor of the tri-county parkway.

Where does Sean/Gerry stand?

 
At 9/15/2005 05:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - what's happened with Jeff Frederick's request that Governor Mark declare a State of Emergency re illegal immigration? Any feedback from the our state capital?

 
At 9/16/2005 09:37:00 AM, Blogger Riley, Not O'Reilly said...

According to the article, Sean is royally pissed about the Feds doing this. He's in favor of the tri-county parkway version supported by most of us.

 
At 9/16/2005 01:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think 95 and 66 are a nightmare to drive, I would wager the trip on the Tri-County Parkway would even be worse given that Til Hazel has hundreds of pieces of equipment sitting in place to develop every acre along its route.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home