Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Herring Has An Edge

I'll be honest-waking up at 3 this morning , I wasn't feeling to good about this race. I feel slightly better since working at the polls. The rain has been good for Supervisor Mick Staton in Fairfax, as the precincts which he worked seem to be turning out, while the others have horrible turnout. In the 33rd-my recent numbers are as follows: 14-Lees Corner East 30+-Lees Corner West(8) 30-Franklin Middle(8) 55+-Kinross(8) 23-Navy(8) 20-Little River(8) 15-Hutch(6:45) These above are rough times, and the numbers are close(within 10 at the time of this post) The highest turnout precincts in Fairfax are Kinross and Lees Corner West. While I believe Lees Corner West will go strong for Herring, Kinross was worked very hard by the Staton campaign and the Democratic poll worker there told me he felt it was about even. I decided to take off from school today to continue helping out the campaign. Though I will have to travel into D.C. between 1:30-5:30. If anyone has updates for me-call 703.314.3486 There is no doubt about it though-Herring has an edge. If I were to call the election this hour from my information across the 33rd, I would call it 54-46 Herring.

15 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 08:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me again why Bill Mims decided to cost us a Senate seat?

 
At 1/31/2006 09:04:00 AM, Anonymous NOVA Gal said...

Because Attorney General Bob McDonnell chose Bill Mims to be his Chief Deputy.

 
At 1/31/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Not Not Jay Hughes said...

Anon 0812--The day isn't over yet and it is possible that Vince, as one person, may not have a complete "ground truth" picture. So don't give into dispair.

Vince, if I were your parents and I heard that you skipped school to work a campaign....your suffering would be legendary...even in Hell. Now put down that Staton literature and get your butt to class.

 
At 1/31/2006 09:16:00 AM, Anonymous marty nohe said...

Jay, not all learning takes place in a classroom.

 
At 1/31/2006 09:35:00 AM, Anonymous David said...

Leave Vince alone. Although I totally disagree with him on just about everything, I also totally admire his dedication. Marty nailed it.

 
At 1/31/2006 09:36:00 AM, Anonymous MOM said...

Marty, if that's the case could you cut the school budget a bit and transfer to the funds to transportation. You could assert that you are funding off-site learning. Since this off-site learning also seems to involve students who have a decided career path, might a suggest paring down the excessive number of guidance counselors or vice-principals funded by the school board.

I will now cower in fear of the slings and arrows the NEA types are about to loose, and await your response.

 
At 1/31/2006 09:57:00 AM, Anonymous NOVA Gal said...

NNJH: If TC's grades are good enough that he can afford a day out of class, and his parents approve it, then so be it. The fact that he's able to author a blog and has goals in mind probably says more than a lot of his classmates.

 
At 1/31/2006 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Lucy Jones said...

Go TC, GO! Get those Votes! Wink at the mothers and daughters if you have to...

Mom,

There are some (most definitely NOT myself) in the party that would like the education budget cut to zero, so you may not be asking too much...

 
At 1/31/2006 10:35:00 AM, Blogger too conservative said...

My grades are good Jhughes..

thanks for watching out though.

This race is going to be close guys.

 
At 1/31/2006 10:50:00 AM, Anonymous marty nohe said...

mom, you know, while conceptually brlliant, I don't think that the "improving roads through truancy" platform is going to be a core reelection issue.

 
At 1/31/2006 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous marty nohe said...

We should start taking bets on this race. I'll go first...

Staton 52.2%
Herring 47.5%
Write-In .3%

 
At 1/31/2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger too conservative said...

Very open-minded Supervisor.

I am working this race..its not going that way.

 
At 1/31/2006 10:58:00 AM, Anonymous marty nohe said...

Democrats are disproportionately likely to vote in the morning. I've worked a lot of polls that feel bleak before luchtime but that have made me happy at day's end.

 
At 1/31/2006 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Freddie said...

I've seen the opposite: Republicans disproportionately vote in the morning and Democrats in the evening. The Democrats need the afternoon GOTV calls. The Republicans don't need the GOTV calls as much.

 
At 1/31/2006 11:31:00 AM, Anonymous MOM said...

Marty, its all in the packaging, perhaps you could use the Pennsylvannia model and call it "Outcome Based Transportation". That might garner some bipartisan support with its liberal hot button wording.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home