Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm Baaaaaack

Got back last night around 7 from Italy, and what ended up being Germany as well. On Tuesday our plane was two hours delayed leaving Rome to Munich, and so we missed our subsequent flight to Washington and stayed in Munich for the night. Having been to Munich before, my grandpa and I knew to hitch a train straight to the Hofbraeuhaus for some good Brautwurst and Kraut. The experience of going to Europe again was wonderful. Rome was beautiful, with historic buildings on every street. While Venice smelled a little strange, the sheer eloquence of its canals was like a fantasy land. No cars in the city! Pompeii was a massive city, filled with rooms dating back to the life of Jesus Christ. The most incredible site for me was the statue of David in Florence. It's size, and craftsmanship just cant be picked up in any pictures of it. 2nd best-I attended a mass on Sunday at the Vatican where 10+ cardinals were present from 3 continents, and dozens of lesser clergy. I can't wait to go back again.

8 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 12:48:00 PM, Anonymous Suedehead said...

Are you wearing the same shirt in every picture? I mean, really now, I would hate to be your companion if you only brought one shirt.

 
At 1/19/2006 01:34:00 PM, Blogger too conservative said...

ha...

in the three pictures were in the same day..roma and pisa

 
At 1/19/2006 04:15:00 PM, Blogger AWCheney said...

Welcome back Vincent! We'll have to compare notes on our international travels some day soon.

 
At 1/19/2006 04:55:00 PM, Blogger James Young said...

Somebody has to say it: I notice that the picture in Pisa has the Tower leaning left. Subliminal message, TC?

 
At 1/19/2006 05:53:00 PM, Blogger Hirons said...

You should have done the cool pushing the tower over picture.

With jy's observation that it's leaning left in your pic you could have been pushing it back to the right.

 
At 1/19/2006 06:06:00 PM, Blogger too conservative said...

Good observation Jim Young, you're right of course, I am a leftie.

SH-We were only in Pisa for about 15 minutes, travelling in between Rome and Florence, our time was limited..or else we would have done more funny pictures and gotten to climb to the top.

 
At 1/19/2006 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Willis said...

I went to Italy when I was a little younger than you, TC. The main thing I took from my trip was this: "How the heck do they drive so fast, in such little cars, on such tiny roads, withough killing themselves??"

Puzzles me to this day.

 
At 1/19/2006 09:50:00 PM, Blogger James Young said...

Perhaps the deeper meaning is in the fact that you were on the wrong side of the Leaning Tower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home