Monday, January 30, 2006

Loudoun GOP/Staton Race

Reminder later today is a Loudoun County GOP meeting, and Supervisor Mick Staton will be present to discuss his race. I am going to head over there tonight and get briefed on the plan for tomorrow's special election. If anyone can help open polls, or close polls contact Kellie DeRouen at 703-629-6634. I'll be helping sign polls, and opening one tomorrow morning as well. I will have a mid-morning update on turnout , and my feeling on the direction of the race. tomorrow night, look here for evening turnout and election results as I will be with the Staton campaign again from 6 onward into the election-night party. Ben mentioned it, and I'll say it here again. This race is crucial. It will show the strength of the Cuccinelli/Black wing of the party in NOVA. It will give some indication on '07 and the races of Jeannemarie Devolites-Davis, Ken Cuccinelli, and Jay O'Brien. It might be expand out the dividing line between blue and red in NOVA. It will open up a spot for either a Democrat(Poisson) or Republican(Craddock, Minchew) to make a run depending in '07. It will impact the conservative/moderate balance of Republicans in the Virginia State Senate. Mick Staton needs your help, again I encourage everyone who has a free hour or so to call Kellie and help us hold this seat.

6 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 01:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craddock for Senate??????

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

 
At 1/30/2006 01:30:00 PM, Anonymous Rtwng Extrmst said...

TC,

While I would suspect Ken Cuccinelli and Dick Black had similar views on issues and were political allies, I would submit there are great differences between Ken and Dick in their approach. So, please clarify what you mean by " Cuccinelli/Black wing of the party".

Would you call that the conservative wing? If so, I would agree. BTW I would consider a number of others including Craddock, Hugo, and Obrien as part of that wing.

 
At 1/30/2006 01:33:00 PM, Anonymous Ray said...

It will show the strength of the Cuccinelli/Black wing of the party in NOVA.

Last I checked, Black lost, so that sould tell you something right there.

 
At 1/30/2006 01:35:00 PM, Blogger too conservative said...

I mean the more open conservative members of the party.

Ken has been doing alot for Staton, so has Delegate Black..thus..it will test their ability to be competitive still in generals.

It wasnt a slam.

 
At 1/30/2006 01:51:00 PM, Anonymous Rtwng Extrmst said...

"More open" on what?

And I didn't think you meant it as a slam, but given how some people try to connect Dick Black's negatives to everyone under the sun, I thought it deserved clarification.

 
At 1/30/2006 03:21:00 PM, Blogger w00t said...

Having known both Black and Poisson I might venture to suggest that the race ended up with Poisson winning for reasons that may not be obvious. If that is true, then I might also suspect that Staton is going to win. If he does, how will the Democrats spin this one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home