Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Swann Declares for PA Governor!

I was never a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan, but I have always been a huge fan of Lynn Swann. As a true Redskin fan, my support of the Steelers came by way of the superiority over the Dallas Cowgirls in the Super Bowl. Beyond the time he spent as a player I've always enjoyed him on the sidelines, covering games for ABC. Now he wants to be Governor of Pennsylvania . . .and as a Republican! http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2279198 I only wish I lived in the Keystone State so I could vote for him. Okay so political support shouldn't be soley based on a childhood idolism, but early indication is he certainly could have the philosophy to earn the political support necessary to be the next Governor of Pennsylvania!

"Swann has so far revealed little about his political philosophy or the initiatives he would pursue as governor. He has advocated reducing certain business taxes and said he opposes abortion rights."

2 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 01:55:00 PM, Blogger too conservative said...

Think he has a chance Mr.Hirons?

 
At 1/06/2006 09:41:00 AM, Blogger James Young said...

As both a Steelers fan and a former Pennsylvania resident, with family that still votes there, I certainly hope so. He may be the only chance the GOP has of beating Rendell who, as Dems go, is not entirely offensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home