Monday, January 09, 2006

Week Absence

Tomorrow I will be leaving for a week long trip to Europe with my grandfather. I will be landing in Frankfurt for a few hours, and then continuing onto Rome. In Italy I will be visiting Rome, Florence, Naples, and Venice. The Sistine Chapel, Vatican, Roman coliseum, Statue of David, Pompeii Ruins are all stops on my trip. I hope to post a couple times while in Europe and include some pictures. My first Catholic mass will be at St. Peter's Basilica. I wish Mike Harrington luck tomorrow, as well as the Republicans in the 33rd next Monday. My e-mail to reach me over there is conservative2054@hotmail.com The other contributors will be posting more often, and Riley will take the reins.

10 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 02:58:00 PM, Blogger Riley, Not O'Reilly said...

Just like Al Haig at the White House that fateful day in '81 -- I'm in charge....

 
At 1/09/2006 03:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good time - it is a wonderful country. I know lots of great places to eat (as well as a few to avoid). Also make sure to spend the $100+ cost of a gondala in Venice; it is pricey but a chance of a lifetime!

PS - Since there is no minimum drinking age in Italia, do not consume too much vino for that Baptist soul of yours!

 
At 1/09/2006 04:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time and a safe trip.

 
At 1/09/2006 05:17:00 PM, Blogger Lucy Jones said...

I'm sooooooo jealous! Have a great time!!!

 
At 1/09/2006 05:39:00 PM, Anonymous Bushwick Bill said...

Just got back two months ago from a week in Rome. Unsolicited advice: try not to cram too much into your time. Rome is made for wandering around on foot, especially near the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, etc. Just watch out for the gypsies (seriously)

 
At 1/09/2006 06:04:00 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

Here's a tip on Florence: the best restaurants are south of the river, out of the touristy areas.

Also, be mindful of pickpockets in Rome at all times.

Have a good trib.

 
At 1/09/2006 06:04:00 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

I mean trip.

 
At 1/09/2006 08:48:00 PM, Anonymous getagrip said...

What a wonderful opportunity! Looking forward to your impressions of the cultural differences between Europe and the US. Have a great and educational trip.

 
At 1/09/2006 09:12:00 PM, Anonymous nasuna said...

You know what the funniest thing about Europe is? It's the little differences.

 
At 1/10/2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger James Young said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Also, I'm told you shouldn't miss the Baptistry Doors in Florence. They are a sight to behold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home