Sunday, January 08, 2006

Weekend Wrap Up

Just returned from Lynchburg- I was able to attend a service this morning at Thomas Road Baptist church and was very impressed by the service given by Rev. Jerry Falwell. Dr.Falwell spent a long time stressing the need to vote in the special election coming up on Tuesday and obviously is supporting Mike Harrington. After the service I had the pleasure of meeting him and talking with him for a little. I will also respect someone who dedicates their lives to spread the word of the lord, and I even respect Mr.Falwell more for his humble beginnings. Overall the race in Lynchburg was very close. Thousands of signs were up in yards, and both campaigns were working hard. I would honestly say that it seems Valentine has a little edge in the district, from what I saw she had been working the ground hard. She also has a lot of money, and the recent win for the Democrats in November to help her squeak by. On Saturday I had also attended the AFP event in Richmond. Norman Leahy has a great summary up at One Mans Trash.

5 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Willis said...

tooconservative: the blog where teenaged dolts sing the praises of corrupt men

oh sorry, I forgot he is "a man of the lord"

 
At 1/10/2006 12:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey willis, i go to Falwells school. And I love the man. Do you know that he started a fund to send pregent girls to college for free?!.

Have you ever heard him preach or speak do you just go by what you see on the news?

---Ryan Walker
Liberty University College Republicans

 
At 1/10/2006 01:22:00 AM, Blogger Willis said...

I don't go to church, buddy.

Have fun wearing long pants when the weather gets hot!

 
At 1/10/2006 10:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will.

 
At 1/11/2006 08:22:00 AM, Blogger Willis said...

Also remember: don't buy any condoms!!! If the school were to catch you with a contraceptive, you'd be expelled!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home